Water-Activated Reinforced Tape
Water activated and best used for demanding, heavy applications. This tape provides the user with exceptional tensile strength for a stronger seal. Reinforced gummed tape also resists edge tears and seam splitting.
Clear Acrylic Carton Sealing Tape
General purpose, acrylic adhesive sealing tape. Easy to use and very portable. Long shelf life. Performs best in lighter-weight applications. 1.88 Mil thickness. Available in 2" widths, clear (transparent). Choose from regular (55 yds.) rolls with case quantities: 6 or 36 rolls. Hand-held tape dispensers are also available.
Carton Sealing Tape Guide
Five factors can influence your decision as to the type of Carton Sealing Tape to use:
- Adhesion - All tapes have different adhesive properties. Your application will determine which tape to choose. See accompanying Selection Chart.
- Film Backing - Polypropylene is a common film backing found on most Carton Sealing Tapes. Generally, they are fine for most applications. For demanding requirements, however, choose tapes with PVC or Polyester film backing for the best results.
- Thickness - In most instances, there is a direct correlation between the thickness of a tape and its performance strength. Material composition can be a factor, too.
- Color - Clear, acrylic Carton Sealing Tapes are known for good shelf life, which means they do not discolor as quickly as hot melt tapes. The latter tapes are "milky" in color, but have greater adhesion to films and perform better when used to wrap over-stuffed boxes.
- Roll Size - Applications, existing equipment and frequency of use can determine the width and length of tape rolls. Most hand-held tape guns use 2" or 3" wide tape in roll lengths of 55 yds. or 110 yds. Tape machines are designed to use longer rolls, 1,000 yds. to 1,500 yds.